TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to myLaw!
myLaw is a web platform, mobile application(s) and software application(s) owned and managed by Mylaw Learning Resources Private Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956. (“Mylaw Learning”). On myLaw, Mylaw Learning provides courses and content that can be used to acquire knowledge, skills, and certification that are valuable for a career in the law.
4. Access to some parts and features of myLaw are provided to you free of charge. Mylaw Learning reserves the right to restrict access to any areas or features of myLaw, including charging for any area or feature, without prior notice.
6. Some of the content, information, and videos displayed on myLaw have been posted by persons other than Mylaw Learning, including other users of myLaw. Mylaw Learning is not responsible for the accuracy, propriety, lawfulness, or truthfulness of any such content and shall not be liable to you for your reliance on them.
7. Mylaw Learning is not responsible for the conduct of the activities on myLaw of any person other than Mylaw Learning. Mylaw Learning shall not be liable to you in connection with any damage suffered by you or any person as a result of the conduct of the activities on myLaw of any person other than Mylaw Learning.
8. myLaw may feature hyperlinks to content on other web sites or platforms. Mylaw Learning has no control over such web site, or platform or content and is not responsible or liable to anyone for such web site, or any content, products or services made available on such a web site.
10. You are prohibited from trying to undermine the integrity of the computer systems or networks used by Mylaw Learning. You are prohibited from trying to gain unauthorised access to such computer systems or networks.
12. You are prohibited from infringing the intellectual property rights and other legitimate rights of Mylaw Learning and other users of myLaw. Mylaw Learning may, under appropriate circumstances, restrict access to myLaw of persons who have infringed the intellectual property rights and other legitimate rights of Mylaw Learning and other users of myLaw. Mylaw Learning may, under appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of persons whose conduct is prejudicial to the interests of Mylaw Learning or other users of myLaw, or for any other reason. Mylaw Learning need not give cause for restricting access to myLaw or for terminating accounts on myLaw.
14. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
18. Some sections of myLaw allow you to publish information in the form of topics, comments, and posts. Some features on myLaw also allow you to send information to Mylaw Learning or to other users through some communication systems. By using any of these features, you agree to the terms of Clauses 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24 below.
19. You agree to:
(a) Provide Mylaw Learning with true, accurate, current, and complete information upon registration, which may or may not be displayed on myLaw; (b) Maintain and promptly amend all information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete.
21. You agree that you have obtained all necessary copyright, trademark, trade secrets or patent licenses and permissions, or such other licenses or permissions required in connection with the personal or proprietary rights of any person (including but not limited to the rights of personality and rights of privacy), for any material or information you post on myLaw or otherwise give to Mylaw Learning to display. You agree that you are solely responsible for ensuring that any material or information you post on myLaw or provide to Mylaw Learning or authorise Mylaw Learning to display, does not violate the rights of anyone else, or has been posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights.
24. Mylaw Learning reserves the right to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, and injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected criminal or civil wrongdoing. Mylaw Learning may disclose your identity and contact information, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, an injured user of myLaw, or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action. Mylaw Learning shall not be liable for damages or the results of such cooperation or disclosure. You agree not to bring any action or claim against Mylaw Learning for such cooperation or disclosure. In connection with such co-operation, Mylaw Learning may, at its sole discretion, restrict your access to myLaw or terminate your account.
25. Mylaw Learning will try to keep myLaw safe and bug-free but you use the site at your own risk. Mylaw Learning is providing myLaw “as is” without any express or implied warranties. Mylaw Learning does not guarantee that myLaw will be safe or secure.
26. Mylaw Learning is not responsible for the actions, content, information or data of persons other than Mylaw Learning and you agree to release Mylaw Learning and its officers and employees from any liability in connection with a claim that you have against any person other than Mylaw Learning, or for any profits lost or any damages arising out of or in connection with such a claim.
31. Under no circumstances shall Mylaw Learning be held liable for an delay or failure or disruption of the content or services delivered through myLaw resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, Internet failures, computer, telecommunications or any other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labour disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labour or materials, fires, flood, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals or non-performance of third parties.
33.Mylaw Learning shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever (including but not limited to damages for loss of profits or savings, business interruption, loss of information), whether in contract, negligence, tort or otherwise or any other damages resulting from any of the following:
• The use or the inability to use myLaw or any service provided by Mylaw Learning; • Any defect in data, information, content, or services purchased or obtained through unauthorised access by third parties to data or private information of any User; • Statements or conduct of any User of the Site; or • Any matters relating to Employer Services however arising, including negligence.
34. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing provisions, the aggregate liability of Mylaw Learning, its employees, agents, affiliates, representatives, or anyone acting on its behalf, for all claims arising from your use of the myLaw or any service provided by Mylaw Learning shall be limited to the greater of:
• The amount of fees you pay to Mylaw Learning or its affiliates in relation to the use of myLaw or any section of myLaw in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability; or • Rs.1,000/-.
The preceding sentence does not shall not preclude you from the requirement to prove actual damages. All claims arising from your use of myLaw must be filed within one (1) year from the date the cause of action arose.
Intellectual Property Rights
35. Mylaw Learning is the sole owner or lawful licensee of all the rights to the myLaw and content published by Mylaw Learning on myLaw. myLaw and content published by myLaw Learning on myLaw embody trade secrets and intellectual property rights protected under worldwide copyright and other laws. All title, ownership and intellectual property rights in myLaw and the content published on myLaw by Mylaw Learning shall remain with Mylaw Learning, its affiliates, or licensors of the content published on myLaw by Mylaw Learning, as the case may be. All rights not otherwise claimed under this Agreement or by Mylaw Learning are hereby reserved.
36. "myLaw", "myLaw.net", and the related icons and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks or service marks of Mylaw Learning, in various jurisdictions, and are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights laws. The unauthorised copying, modification, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.
37. All notices or demands to or upon Mylaw Learning shall be effective only if it is in writing. They shall be considered duly made when sent to Mylaw Learning in the following manner to: Mylaw Learning Resources Private Limited, D-Wing, Chanakya Complex, Mahavir Nagar Link Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400067.
38. Notices or demands to you or upon you shall be effective if either delivered personally, sent by courier, certified mail, by facsimile, or email to the last-known correspondence, fax or email address provided by you to Mylaw Learning, or by posting such notice or demand on an area of myLaw that is publicly accessible without a charge or accessible to you. Notice to you shall be deemed to be received by you if and when:
• Mylaw Learning is able to demonstrate that communication, whether in physical or electronic form, has been sent to you, or • Immediately upon Mylaw Learning posting such notice on an area of myLaw that is publicly accessible without charge or accessible to the User.
39. myLaw Learning does not refund or return any course or subscription that has been purchased, unless the transaction was the result of a fraudulent purchase.
40. By using the myLaw website, myLaw mobile application(s) or any service offered by Mylaw Learning, you confirm that you have read the following information regarding our policies about the collection, use, and disclosure of information that you provide us during your use of myLaw.
41. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, you specifically grant Mylaw Learning a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any such content that you post on or in connection with myLaw.
42. On registration, you provide Mylaw Learning with information such as name, gender, location and other fields mentioned in your registration profile. You grant Mylaw Learning permission to use such information for the internal improvement of myLaw mechanics and any such manner that Mylaw Learning feels is appropriate to enhance your experience on myLaw.
43. Whenever you use myLaw, myLaw Learning collects data and information that may include information such as your device Internet Protocol address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when using myLaw, the time and date of your use of myLaw, and other statistics about your use of myLaw. This information may be used to improve the experience on myLaw. By using myLaw, you grant Mylaw Learning permission to use this information, for any purpose that Mylaw Learning feels is appropriate to enhance your experience on myLaw.
44. myLaw Learning will use commercially accepted methods of protecting the information detailed in Clauses 42 and 43 above. myLaw Learning does not guarantee its absolute security.