Acquire the ability to carry out quick, comprehensive, and focused research within deadlines. Legal research is an invaluable skill for law students and legal practitioners. With this course, you will learn techniques that will help you confidently carry out research in any area of the law.
What you will learn?
What do you need?
Exam and certification
In addition to unit wise practice exercises, this course offers a Course Completion Test (CCT). To qualify for the CCT, a learner has to complete more than 60% of the course. The CCT is conducted online to provide maximum flexibility to the learner. Based on the results of the CCT, a learner will be given a certificate, which is recognised by various employers in the legal industry.
Each myLaw Course is designed and created by our in house faculty team in consultation with industry experts, including experienced litigators and corporate lawyers, and accomplished legal academics. myLaw continues to work closely with such experts to ensure that this Course imparts the practical skills and legal knowledge required for this area of law.
1. Introduction to Legal Research
2. Fundamentals of Conducting Legal Research
3. Understanding and Using Legal Authorities:Legislation
4. Understanding and Using Legal Authorities: Case Law
5. Using Online Research Tools for Primary and Secondary Sources
6. Using Research in Your Writing-Integrating Research, and Citation and Referencing
A Lawyer's Role in Chambers