Acquire the knowledge about the regulation and governance of sport (domestic and international) and take an important step towards becoming an expert sports lawyer. This course will provide a practical understanding of the bodies that govern sport, the regulatory and judicial supervision of those bodies, anti-doping, match-fixing, sponsorship and broadcast rights, and the competition law issues in sport.
What you will learn?
What do you need?
Exam and certification
In addition to unit wise practice exercises, this course offers a Course Completion Test (CCT). To qualify for the CCT, a learner has to complete more than 90% of the course. The CCT is conducted online to provide maximum flexibility to the learner. Based on the results of the CCT, a learner will be given a certificate, which is recognised by various employers in the legal industry.
1. The Governance of Sport
2. Regulation of Sports Governing Bodies by Governments
3. Supervision of Sports Governing Bodies by Courts
4. Sports Arbitration and the CAS
5. The Global Governance of Anti-Doping
6. Key Principles of the World Anti-Doping Code
7. The Use of Criminal Law in the Fight Against Match-Fixing
8. Sports Governing Bodies in the Fight Against Match-fixing
9. Sports Trademarks, Special Protection of Olympic Properties, and Ambush Marketing
10. Media Rights and the Exclusivity of Sports Broadcasts