For a just society governed by the rule of law, it is important that people are able to access their rights and activate legal mechanisms. This course, brought to you with help from the Ford Foundation, delivers a working knowledge of the legal framework governing human rights in India. You will learn about fundamental rights and how to access them and special legal provisions such as the Right to Information Act, the Consumer Protection Act and other civil law remedies.
What you will learn?
What do you need?
Exam and certification
There is no exam or certification in this free course.
1. Human Rights and Legal Aid
2. Types of Civil Remedies Specific Interventions
3. Types of Civil Remedies
4. Standing Before the Court Collective Action
5. Interventions in Specific Situations Claiming Fundamental Rights
6. The State of Human Rights
7. The Practice of Human Rights Law
8. Women Rights
9. Children Rights
10. Rights of the Disabled