This course provides a practical understanding of equity investments in the context of the legal and regulatory framework governing investment in listed and unlisted (private or public) companies in India. This course will cover the impact of regulations such as the Takeover Code, the Companies Act and the Competition Act as well as looking at practical issues such as the process of due diligence and standard documentation like shareholder agreements and share purchase agreements.
What you will learn?
What do you need?
Exam and certification
In addition to unit-wise practice exercises, this course offers a Course Completion Test (CCT). To qualify for the CCT, a learner has to complete more than 60% of the course. The CCT is conducted online to provide maximum flexibility to the learner. Based on the results of the CCT, a learner will be given a certificate, which is recognized by various employers in the legal industry.
1. Understanding Basic Concepts of Mergers and Acquisitions
2. Understanding Acquisitions: Acquisition of Securities
3. Understanding Takeover Regulations
4. Understanding Mergers and Acquisitions: Competition Law Perspective
5. Understanding the Due Diligence Process
6. Drafting Share Purchase Agreements and Share Subscription Agreements
7. Drafting Shareholders Agreements
Law Entrance Prep Tool
Prevention of Sexual Harassment at the Workplace