Gain an understanding of new intellectual property rights such as geographical indications, trade secrets, and industrial designs. This course will deliver a working knowledge of these rights and the remedies and defences available in relation to their infringement. You will also learn about the international regime governing intellectual property and to critically analyse various issues of law and policy that have arisen in relation to intellectual property protection.
What you will learn?
What do you need?
Exam and certification
In addition to unit wise practice exercises, this course offers a Course Completion Test (CCT). To qualify for the CCT, a learner has to complete more than 90% of the course. The CCT is conducted online to provide maximum flexibility to the learner. Based on the results of the CCT, a learner will be given a certificate, which is recognised by various employers in the legal industry.
1. Understanding Industrial Designs
2. Understanding Confidential Information and Trade Secrets
3. Understanding Geographical Indications
4. New Concepts in Indian Legislation Relating to Intellectual Property Law
5. A Discussion of International Organisations, Treaties, and Conventions on Intellectual Property Rights
6. Understanding the Role of Intellectual Property Rights in Economic Development and Globalisation
7. Emerging Issues in Intellectual Property Rights-I
8. Emerging Issues in Intellectual Property Rights-II