ABOUT THIS COURSE
Awareness of the law on sexual harassment is a must for anyone working in any organisation. This course will provide, in a simple, concise, and comprehensive manner, a fundamental understanding of what the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prohibition, Prevention and Redressal) Act, 2013 prohibits and how this prohibition is enforced.
What you will learn?
- The acts that amount to sexual harassment under the law
- Who is protected by the law and who is responsible to provide such protection
- How are complaints filed under the law, who enquires into those complaints, and how
- What are the consequences of an enquiry into a sexual harassment complaint
- Development and the evolution of anti-harassment legislation in India
- International legal framework that promotes a harassment-free environment for women
- Important judgments such as Vishakha v. State of Rajasthan and Medha Kotwal Lele v. Union of India.
What do you need?
- This course is recommended for anyone working in an organisation of any size, members of internal complaints committees, lawyers, law students, and anyone keen to get a better understanding of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013
- Other than that, a standard Internet/data connection along with a computer/laptop/smartphone/tablet is enough to get you started!
Exam and certification
This course does not have an exam or certification.